Pro Football Focus Resolver
- To access the resolver in Edit Station, go to Games - PFF Resolver
- PFF Services Connection: An indicator that the resolver is connected to the PFF data web service. Green indicates a connection. Red indicates no connection.
- Select Video Edit: Choose the master/edit to resolve.
- Find Games: Select the league, season and team that you're going to resolve. Choose whether to search for all games or only those that have not yet been resolved.
- Select Game: Choose the side of ball and scouted team from the drop-down menus. Double click on the game that you'd like to resolve. The side of ball being resolved will highlight the play count in orange.
- Setup Primary Output: Use this menu if you'd like to create an edit after resolving. Rename the edit or use the default naming template. Select the folder where the edit will be delivered after the resolve. You can also create an extra copy of the edit.
- Setup Secondary Output: Use this menu if you'd like to create a secondary edit after resolving. Rename the edit or use the default naming template. Select the folder where the edit will be delivered after the resolve. You can also create an extra copy of the edit.
- Reset: This will reset the resolver window back to its default settings.
- Edit Naming Template: Change the default naming template used when creating a primary or secondary edit.
- Update: On demand or scheduled update of all PFF data for a single season.
- Setup: Configure the PFF fields to your fields in Thunder.
- Resolve: Click here to begin the data resolve process. The media-data alignment window will open to allow you to confirm the PFF play data matches your video.
- Exit: Close the resolver window.
Edit Naming Template
- Users can configure the default naming template for new edits that are created through the resolver.
- Available naming criteria is listed in the naming template window.
- Users can update data within resolved game by clicking on the Update button.
- Time Frame: Select the season and date range that you'd like to update.
- Scheduled Time: An option to schedule an update to occur later. For the update to run the Update Data window must be closed and the resolver needs to remain open. Users will be prompted if they attempt to exit the resolver while an update is scheduled.
- Leagues: Select the league(s) that you'd like to update. Pro is NFL data, Non Pro is NCAA data.
- A SQL job is also created on your Thunder database server that will update all resolved data daily. If you'd like to increase the frequency of the updates, please contact the XOS Support team.
- Play data can be updated on a game by game basis.
- Search for the game you'd like to update in the resolver.
- Right click on the game and choose Update Play Data.
- Users will need to map PFF provided data fields to fields in Thunder before they first resolve.
- ProviderKey: The name of the data field that PFF is providing. Only those fields that a customer is licensed for by PFF will appear.
- PlayField: A drop down of available Thunder fields that you can map PFF data to. If a field is set to <<lgnore>> it will not be imported during the resolve. However, if it's mapped at a later date it will appear in previously resolved games after a data update is run.
- Cache Data: When checked, data from the field will appear in the filter tool, tagger, data entry and video analyzer.