RXIMP - Transfer Files between computers in Travel Mode
- RXIMP is a Thunder created package that contains play data, media, and folder location data.
- The RXIMP workflow allows users to transfer footage to other computers in travel mode. When returning from travel mode, all play data changes get merged into one edit file without duplicating media or data.
- The RXIMP workflow elliminates the need for using Import Edit Stats.
- Available in Thunder FB 184.108.40.206 and later
BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR YOUR ROAD TRIP
- Make sure the folder where you will save the edit exists before your users Enter Travel Mode.
- Ensure the folders exist in MANAGE TRAVEL FOLDERS
EXPORTING RXIMP - In Travel Mode
- After creating your ODK Intercut Edits for a game, right click on the edit you want to give to another user in travel mode and select Export - RXIMP
2. Select the location you want to export the RXIMP file to and save it.
NOTE: This could be an external drive or to the desktop of your current machine. Avoid the root of the C drive.
3. When prompted click "Yes" to included the media in the export. The file will then export to the directory you chose in the previous step.
NOTE: If you do not include the media then the media will be offline on the computer you import the RXIMP to.
IMPORT RXIMP to a computer in Travel Mode
1. Import the exported RXIMP file onto another users machine that is in Travel Mode.
NOTE: You can copy the file from the original machine to a flash drive or external drive to get it to another machine.
- Select Import XIMP/RXIMP
- Change the Import Window to select RXIMP
- Select the RXIMP file you want to import and click "Open"
5. The package will import into Thunder. The user can now open the SOB edit, enter data, and watch video. Upon syncing back to the server, all the data will merge with other users that sync back and you will be left with one copy of the game and everyone's data.